Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A new way of life

I have a confession to make: I'm trying to get healthy.

I know, I know. Now I'm one of those people. Healthy people! With their flax seed and their raw food movement and their spinach smoothies. Ugh.

I admit it, I kinda want to be just like them. Try not to judge me too harshly. I don't have any plans to go head over heels into the whole healthy thing, believe me. But I do want to eat better, exercise more (or at all), and take better care of myself and my family. If I happen to utter the phrases, "Go green!" or "I need to check my compost bin" in the process, well those are the breaks. I just want to make a change!

I decided share my adventures in healthiness here because I LOVE blogging! Writing has always been my preferred method of communication and with the power of the Internet I can reach more people than I ever could by picking up the phone and babbling incoherently about my new "wifestyle." In fact, I have been a part of no less than FIVE blogs over the past ten years! I've blogged about reality television, cupcakes and, most recently, my son.

And now....now I shall blog about the uphill battle that is living a healthier lifestyle. I want to share recipes, products that work (or don't), and helpful tips I learn along the way. I hope you'll tune in to see if I can keep up my end of the bargain. And I'd love it if you'd offer encouragement or even join me for the ride. I truly believe it will be wonderful to become more in tune with our bodies and our minds... ha, kidding! I'm trying to get into the "zone," people.

Happy living!

No comments:

Post a Comment